The Ma! Bena Bena dictionary-building app is an initiative of the Ma Project. The app provides an easy-to-use tool to engage speakers of Bena Bena, especially younger speakers, in the documentation of their language.
This app is both a data collection tool and a publishing tool. The Ma! Bena Bena Dictionary allows users to record new entries and upload them to an online database where they can be curated using a web interface (http://api.ma-project.net).
Users of the app can:
- record and transcribe a word or phrase in Bena Bena (audio)
- record and transcribe a translation into English (audio)
- record a discussion of the term (audio and video)
- record a comment on an existing entry (audio and video)
- take a photo or select an on-board image
After initial registration, user-added data can be uploaded to the online database. Using a web interface, authorized curators will:
- accept, reject, or replace, transcribe and publish (i.e., back to the app) uploaded terms and translations
- accept, reject, or replace, and publish uploaded images
- create and publish detailed dictionary entries
The Bena Bena app is the third in a series of dictionary-building apps. The development team are piloting the app with other languages around the world and aim to release a version of the app which can be used for any language.
Ma Bena Bena Dictionary is a free software application from the Reference Tools subcategory, part of the Education category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2013-10-09. The program can be installed on Android.
Ma Bena Bena Dictionary (version 1.0) has a file size of 6.61 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.